Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Best Angelina




Decisions, decisions....





I had quite a bit of trouble naming this post. Which may have influenced a bit why it took me so long to finally show you girls the look. I mean this was taken back in June! A couple of other things got in the way to; I wanted to touch on a couple of different things in this look and when I was lacking motivation and inspiration I didn't want to waste the post and just write blah about it. At least at this moment I'm good to go. So let's begin!

Back to the titles, I was thinking: getting fierce, chillin' like a villain (not really but my dad thought this would be a good look for a villain in a superhero movie, compliment not so sure...) punk chic, the
 vest is everything, skirt for one dress for another (because this is my very tall little sister's skirt), staple look, the cat-eye, but I finally went with my best Angelina. And I am referring to Angelina Jolie and her killer all black dress and almost hip grazing slip that she wore a couple of years to either the golden globes or academy awards (can't remember right now and I would totally look it up, except I don't have my computer or proper internet connection so it would take way to long). 

The moment I saw my sis Olivia bring this skirt home I immediately new it would work as the perfect black maxi dress (thanks for your good taste Olivia!). Since it is rather simple, basically a glorified sheet, I added the vest for edge and a staple to the look. Wedges were necessary since I was going to a party and I always like to look extra glam. Then I added the belt for 1) a pop of color and 2) give the dress a bit more shape. I thought a bun/top knot looked best with the vest and having my hair out of my face I up-ed the makeup. I went with a sleek cat-eye and classic red lip. Though I don't usually wear earrings, I felt like the look was really complete with them. So I added my fav rosegold circle earrings to finish it off. 

This is definitely one of my favorite looks ever. What do you think?

Happy Thursday babes!
xoox,
Danielle
















photos by Morgan

|The Outfit|
Vest: RAINBOW/DIY
Dress: sister's maxi skirt
Wedges: AMERICAN RAG
Belt: MANDEE
Clutch: GERARD DAREL
Earrings: MACY'S
Lipstick: CHANEL
Bracelets: vintage, DIY, ASOS, ALEX AND ANI


|Thanks for Reading!|



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the discussion begin-Thank you for writing!
xoox,
Danielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...