Friday, August 01, 2014

00s



Throwback to when denim skirts were the it pieces.





I know everybody talks about the 90s. That interesting time when our parents were in their 20s and it seemed like everything to wear was acceptable. Hell, we are still talking about the 90s now. But with this look I went to go a decade ahead; I'm talking about the 00s. First how do you pronounce it? The 
zeros, the oos, or just sticking to the milennials... I haven't decided yet so I'll just stick with the 
numbers (hehe). I remember when I was in 5th and 6th grade you needed to own and wear the denim skirt. It kept its importance through middle school and died down freshman year of high school, resurfaced a bit junior year and then disappeared. In fact, I found this skirt in the giveaway pile at my house because no one had used it in a while. 

On impulse decision I decided to save it. Probably because I have a fear of giving away clothes and then realizing I could have totally used it like today and also because my mom always says to keep basic key pieces because they always make a comeback. And now in modern fashion the denim skirt is starting to pop up. Now we just have to wait for it to hit the runway. Of course I will not say I told 
you so because that's rude but I will remind you of this post I dedicated to the denim skirt ;). 

Lastly, I styled this outfits with a modern pair of cutout booties, basic grey tee with studs on the shoulders and glam sunglasses. Need to keep things fresh when you are going a little vintage. 

What are your plans for the weekend? Tonight I am going to a baseball game. Super siked because it is my first game of the year and then my friends and I are taking a mini trip to Montauk for surfing and beaching. You can follow my weekend with insta! @dhope.

Happy Weekend!
xoox,
Danielle






Photos by Amanda

|The Outfit|
Shirt: TARGET
Skirt: very old
Boots: c/o AERO
Sunglasses: GAP
Bag: MANDEE
Bracelets: MARC JACOBS, ASOS, DIY, FRANCESCA'S



|Thanks for Reading!|

2 comments:

Let the discussion begin-Thank you for writing!
xoox,
Danielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...