Thursday, April 10, 2014

A little Perspective








I was trying to figure out what look I wanted to do for today's post, but I realized I didn't want to do an outfit post. So then I went through my other ideas, when outfit posts are a no go, like an inspoo post, fashion update, clothing collage or something that I usually do and nothing really felt right. I don't ever like to post something just to post; it needs to have a little meaning behind otherwise why would I share it right. So then I thought maybe I would do a little different post and see what happens. Change is good. So just for today here is a little rambling of what I have or really have not figured out this year.

So with my blog and everything, I usually just stick to talking about fashion, some fun events that I attend, a little dose of food, and a little miscellaneous here and there. But personal life and family, I don't usually get into; not for an particular reason, but it just never really came up. Plus, being realistic there is not anything particularly utterly amazing that I do in my day to day routine. It usually just includes getting up and getting dressed (basically one of my favorite things in my day, picking out my outfit. Good or bad day, I still get to style my outfit), figure out if I am going to have a breakfast bar or grab an egg and cheese sandwich, then depending on which day it is, I go to class or study for a couple of hours or hit the gym; Those three items (plus eating) run my day and I figure out my schedule as the day goes by. 

This little routine has come about because it is my first year of college and I have really learned a lot. More than I thought, and a lot of little things that actually made an impact on what I do or how I react for future events. One of the things that I've been working on, since the New Year (it is my new year's resolution) is being appreciative of everything I have. And though it is hard, and I do forget sometimes, being appreciate has really helped when things get a little stressful because I think about all the big and small things I have and have experienced which lets me take a step back on why this event in stressful and leads to how I can fix it. Since I was little, I have always been a bit on the dramatic side and hold grudges, always it is just how I react to things. But I can say that this year, I've fixed it, only a little bit but baby steps do count. So though I honestly can't tell you where I'm going, (I'm actually in-between paths right now and it kind of pains me to not have a set plan on what I want to do with my life), I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel this way so at least we can all be a little lost together. I do have to say, this whole not knowing what I want to do with my life isn't the worst thing that could happen. Basically I am (trying) not to think about what to do, what's going to happen, but just doing. Not thinking about it, planning, then thinking some more but just living (as corny as that sounds!). I think that is definitely one of the most valuable things I have learned this new year and I've appreciated every moment of it because when I finally figure out what it is I am going to do, I'll have all this experience behind me to get the ball rolling. And when really am I going to be able to do something like this again, so why waste time worrying about it. 

I do have to say, doing a post like this is a bit nerve-racking. Sharing anything a bit personal is nerve-racking, but part of the mantra change is good, I'm just going to post it. I would love to hear how your year has been going and to read how you've learned a little or a lot. And as always thanks for being here and checking out my site. I thought it would be nice to share somethings a bit more personal since you guys are always here. 

One last thing, of course, this blog is sticking to basically just fashion and whatever falls in-between. I am definitely not going to do such rambling more often or all the time because it is not why I made this blog. I am a fashion blogger and this is a fashion blog. It was just nice and different to express a little more than only what my outfit was saying for the day. Tomorrow we will be back to the usual-stay tuned for an outfit post!! Plus a couple of projects are coming up!

Always thanks for the love
Kisses,
Danielle 



|Thanks for Reading!|





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the discussion begin-Thank you for writing!
xoox,
Danielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...