Sunday, February 16, 2014

NYFW 2014



2014 NYFW Roundup 



I'm doing my roundup a little different for this year. I went through a majority of the shows and picked out the most striking pieces from my favorite shows. So let's begin discussing! On top I have my favorite look from Marc Jacobs. I loved the dyed hair; dyed hair was across the runway and lots of designers were changing hair colors. We know one trend for fall, colored hair. 



Prints and furs were very popular at the Helmet Lang show. The juxtaposition from the neutral yet striking fur and and the classic shape yet bold prints studded the runway. 




Next we have Herve Leger by Max Azria. A lot of leather and structured pieces were featured (and of course fur). Peek-a-boo and cutout pieces were seen and there was also some play with different textures like studs and metals. 




Karen Walker's show was my favorite show at New York. The graphic prints and words were playful and edgy. I would wear these pieces as styled right out my door. To prevent the looks from being too overwhelming, she kept the colors neutral and black and white. Truly love love love. 


 Tibi: jumpsuits, hats, and cardigans. I want it now. 




Marc by Marc Jacobs had some of the sickest, edgiest looks. From leather jackets and tulle skirts too badass ninja bandanas and race car cartoonish inspired bows. Literally he could not have designed anymore goodness. 


 Marchesa gowns. No words needed. 




I loved the easiness of Rebecca Minkoff. Beanies, dark lipstick, baggy pants (from metallic to neutral) and studded shirts. These looks I would also wear as styled and go out and about. Plus I loved the rich colors. 


Which was your favorite? London is now underway, then comes Milan. All photos via style.com.
Happy Sunday!
xoox,
Danielle



|Thanks for Reading!| 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the discussion begin-Thank you for writing!
xoox,
Danielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...