Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Black and Chanel


Getting a little edgy with shades of black and a pop of red. 



Definitely, a favorite look for this year! And speaking of which, it is almost 2014. The New Year is less than a month away and I kind of can't believe it. I'll have to work on my yearly round up post soon, but I need to finish up finals, and of course Christmas shopping. How are you prepping for the holidays and the new year? 

As for the outfit: love, Love, LOVE. Between my hair, lipstick, and the clothing the outfit really came together perfectly. And my hair is so long! As per the usual I am very happy with it (I do need to get in a hair mask soon though). One of the unique aspects of this outfit is the belt: it is actually a necklace-turned-belt. As I was trying to figure out what I wanted to wear, I realized I didn't have a belt for the dress which would have killed the outfit. Luckily, I had a quick improvisation and used my colorful necklace and it worked! It was also a nice, subtle touch of color and played well with the red lipstick. The lipstick also warms my face, because during the winter I tend to get a bit pale (I'm sure you remember me talking about this last year). I'm thinking a mini vaca in a tropical place would do me some good, but the price of it kind of makes this desire only a dream for now. I guess I'll stick to vitamin D supplements. To finish off the outfit, I wanted a modern-cool girl look and the tall boots and jersey dress was the best match. Topped with a structured jacket and sheer tights the outfit was made. I know I'll be wearing this outfit again. 

What do you think of the look?
Happy Wednesday!
xoox,
Danielle


















photos by Amanda

|The Outfit|
Dress: H&M
Jacket: FOREVER 21
Belt: a necklace
Bracelets: COLDWATER CREEK, EXPRESS, DILARU, DIY, H&M, ALEX AND ANI


This post is in partnership with AEROPOSTALE.




|Thanks for Reading!|

2 comments:

  1. Love those boots! And the pop of color from the belt/necklace adds the perfect pop of color to the whole outfit. Great style! :)

    xx
    Melina | Pale Shadow

    ReplyDelete

Let the discussion begin-Thank you for writing!
xoox,
Danielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...