Yummy, yummy pasta!
I have had this recipe on my hard drive since August and I haven't been able to post it until now! No worries, it is a recipe for all seasons and tastes oh so good. The beauty about it too is how simple it is. My grandma showed me how to do it and I just had to share. And since my grandma was the one cooking, I couldn't get her to slow down so for a couple of the pictures she is in motion. A good cook never stops! I hope you enjoy!
Whole Grain Pasta
Vegetables (in a bag or not)
Your choice of spices
1) Step one boil water. While the water is boiling put your bag of vegetables in the microwave to defrost. If you are not using bagged vegetables then you can skip this step. Defrosting takes 4 minutes.
As the water continues to boil, strain the vegetables.
2) First pour some olive oil into the frying pan then place vegetables in frying pan (this prevents the vegetables from burning). Have the heat in the middle, vary between 4 and 6. Then add pasta to boiling water.
3) After 10-20 seconds, add a bit more olive oil to vegetables and garlic spices.
4) Stir the ingredients together. The vegetables should be in the pan for 5-7 minutes.
5) Remove vegetables from pan.
6) Strain the pasta.
7) Using the same pan, add olive oil to it and reheat to 5. Let the olive oil simmer.
8) Add pasta first and add a drop of olive oil then stir. Then add vegetables.
9) Stir all together.
10) Enjoy! Remove the pasta and vegetables, add a little parmesan cheese and eat. This took about 15 minutes tops. Also, depending on how much ingredients you have, you easily can make two or three meals for the week.
|Thanks for Reading!|