Monday, September 09, 2013

My Favorites


With a pair of heels, this look would totally work for New York Fashion Week. 



Even though, I am not physically at NYFW doesn't mean I can't dress the part. Of course, I do have to take into consideration the (large) amount of walking I partake in so heels could not complete the look. Instead, these simple yet intricate and opposing colored sandals was my option for the look. I have not even looked at the runway shows on Style.com but I will be soon when I do my round up of the trends from the runway towards the end of this week. The weather is changing a bit, but I think it may be confused or not committed. I guess we all have commitment issues at one time or another. I have been preparing myself for these situations by being half covered up. So I'll wear a long-sleeved shirt or sweater with shorts or pants/capris with short sleeves. Then I always have a light jacket or scarf available when needed. Being fully prepared just makes life easier. However when you are thrown a curve-ball just go with it because it is not going back.

As for the outfit: this is downtown cool meets sophistication. You know my love for leather and all things white. In fact, I am wearing white paints as we speak. The combination of them makes me squeal and jump for joy. This crisp, white blazer, contrasted with the slouchy leather shorts, balanced with the fun printed button up is one of my favorite outfits; mixing a little bit of this with a little bit of that creates an overall look that can 1) Transition for day-to-night (I know we all love that) and 2) is good for any event from school to work. It eludes this not-trying-to-hard-to-be-cool look. So, my recommendation for you is mix it up because it will probably work. Then I added a little more pink (and if you have been following for a while you know over the last year I have grown to really like pink) with the crossbody. Viola! 

Have a fabulous Monday!
xoox,
Danielle  
 









photos by Amanda

|The Outfit|
Blazer: UO
Shirt: mom's (some here)
Bag: from Italy
Shoes: vintage (grandma's)
Bracelets: ALEX AND ANI, DIY, DILARU



|Thanks for Reading!|

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the leather shorts!! Perfect pairing with a chic white blazer :)

    Veloria in Velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Let the discussion begin-Thank you for writing!
xoox,
Danielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...