Thursday, August 08, 2013

The Dress



The obligatory tropical dress in a tropical place. 



I absolutely love this dress and have had for a over a year, but haven't put in on the blog. I have worn it a couple of times yet I was never able to photograph it. But when I packed it in my suitcase for this year's vacation I told myself I needed to make sure I get pictures of it. Luckily, I kept my word and here are the pictures. 

Amanda did an amazing job of of capturing the light and atmosphere of the place in the pictures (and also my tan!). These pictures were when I stayed at Duck Key for the night and we had a great time. It was like a mini paradise in paradise. I explain a little bit more of the natural side of things back at this post. 

Back to the dress: The color and print of this dress is divine. It is peacock feathers in a mixture of golden yellow, pink, and navy combined in a beautiful color pallet. I styled it with my pink lipstick obviously, to allow the pinks in the dress to pop. Then I added some edge with this oversized, studded clutch in a complementary blue and my neutral sandals since the focus was the dress. Plus one of the best features on the dress is the pockets! I love it when dresses have pockets so I can keep my phone handy, and it looks uber stylish to casually place my hand in for posing. 

What do you think of the look?
Happy Thursday!
xoox,
Danielle

p.s. Location update: I am currently en route to my home! 








photos by Amanda

|The Outfit|
Dress: MANDEE
Clutch: CHARMING CHARLIE
Sandals: OLD NAVY
Sunglasses: RAY-BAN
Lipstick: REVLON



|Thanks for Reading!|

1 comment:

  1. This dress is so fun! Love the way you paired it with the bright clutch.

    XO Kay
    Fashionably Kay

    ReplyDelete

Let the discussion begin-Thank you for writing!
xoox,
Danielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...