Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Enchanted


Mixology. 




For this outfit, I was mixing casual pieces with some polished one. I wanted to create a look that was cool and sophisticated, with the different styles. I knew I wanted to wear this structured, red tote so now it was only a matter of picking everything else out. I finally decided, after literally staring at the piles of clothes in the closet for 5 minutes, to go with this subtle grey, graphic tee and the star-studded denim shorts. Then, I threw on my favorite necklace at the moment for good measure. 

I greatly struggled with which shoes I wanted to wear. Since I had two casual pieces and only one polished piece I knew the shoes needed to be sophisticated. However, I was in such a pickle with what to wear. My black strap sandals would have looked killer, but they are at home, tucked away under my bed . . . so much for my skillful packing. But also they are not very practical to wear when there is a lot of walking around involved. I am always in awe to see women strutting their stuff in thin, high heels during the day. And the question that always pops into my head is HOW?. I would love to wear heels all day, but my feet are killing me in a matter of hours. I guess this is a situation for endurance. 

Anyway, I finally went this these minimal sandals as a last resort and they worked out rather perfectly to my delight and surprise. A success all around. I highly suggest you try to mix styles, and let me know what you come up with!

Happy Wednesday!
xoox,
Danielle 











photos by Olivia

|The Outfit|
Shorts: BIG STAR c/o TEEN VOGUE
Sandals: vintage
Bag: ZARA
Shirt: ZARA
Necklace: EARTHY CHIC
Bracelets: ALEX AND ANI, DIY



|Thanks for Reading!|



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the discussion begin-Thank you for writing!
xoox,
Danielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...